How They Met and Other Stories - David Levithan
Hmmmm. When you really want to know that love is deserved by everyone, read this.
And I mean every single one.
My dad really loves Be Careful with My Heart and to annoy me at work, he does his best impression of the two- complete with Nikki’s G-R-R-R’s and Nicolo’s chubby cheeks. The fondness rubbed off and I think I am the bigger fan of the loveteam now. Anyway, he still likes Maya and Ser Chief more.
I loved their MMK episode last night because they did justice to the really nakakakilig story. I think if they did not properly portray the characters, the episode would just be blah. Plus, their chemistry onscreen is undeniable.
So MarNella FTW indeed. They’re too cute!!! I am a proud fan!
Jologs na kung jologs. KThanksBye.
i was not even counting!
i hardly use the word to describe somebody but recently, my friend and i did. he started it!
Things I learned in 2013:
(in no particular order)
1. It is perfectly fine to take the risk, to take that plunge.
I did that and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. It is refreshing to let people in and open one’s self to other people. In this process, you will know yourself better.
2. You will be hurt but that pain is not forever.
It will be really painful and you will feel all sorts of things- like the whole world just turned its back on you. People will tell you all the world’s advice on how to deal with it but you should remember that it will pass. True to what my friend said, “Namnamin mo lang. One day, you will wake up and you will feel na di na masakit.”
3. Surround yourself with good people. You don’t need those who disappoint you, use you, and hurt you. Keep those who believe in you.
4. Do not keep all your emotions to yourself. It can be really draining.
5. Be careful with your words. They can break not only other people but also you.
6. Your family will always be there for you through good times and bad.
Whether you are the silent type or the open book, your family knows you like the back of their hands so they will absolutely know when you most need them. Do not shut them out. Let them do their trick on you.
7. Step out of the familiar and try new things every once in a while. Try not to follow your routine. Try doing something new. Discover yourself through these new things.
8. Have the strength to fight for something you believe in.
I will never regret the fact that I really did my best and I let go of my pride.
9. But know when to give up.
This is the sad part. You have to realize that there are some battles that you can’t face alone. Know when to hang up those guns. I reached the point that I lost myself in the process and although I knew that it would really hurt, I had to give it all up. I could not afford including myself in that list of traitors who left me. I had to save myself.
10. Always have faith in God. He has His reasons and even if there are times when we do not understand, just believe.
11. Believe in yourself. You may have numerous people who love and support you dearly but if you do not have the same faith and love for yourself, you will not be truly whole and happy.
12. Know how to manage your money. Reward yourself every once in a while especially when you really deserve it. Always save a portion since this always comes in handy. Do not overspend. Know your needs and wants.
And you should not even be
Truest words ever spoken
Pray for the Philippines.
Between holding a hand and chaining a soul,
And you learn that love doesn’t mean leaning
And company doesn’t mean security.
And you begin to learn that kisses aren’t contracts
And presents aren’t promises,
And you begin to accept your defeats
With your head up and your eyes open
With the grace of a woman, not the grief of a child,
And you learn to build all your roads on today
Because tomorrow’s ground is too uncertain for plans
And futures have a way of falling down in mid-flight.
After a while you learn…
That even sunshine burns if you get too much.
So you plant your garden and decorate your own soul,
Instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers."
~ Jorge Luis Borges, You Learn (via conflictingheart)
Every Day by David Levithan
Imagine waking up every single day and realizing that you are in a different body again and again and again. Sucks right?
While reading the book, I felt frustrated because A wanted something that he was not even made to have. He could not understand that. The setup he wanted with Rhiannon is very unfair and very much unrealistic. I know it is not real life but I got too into it.
Thank the heavens that A had some sense and arranged a happy ending for Rhiannon. I kind of want to see a sequel so that I can find out what happened after that. I just got happy that Rhiannon finally met a fine guy who deserves her. Ain’t that nice?
Will I read this book again? Maybe. Because I got glimpses on how others do live their lives. This story has the bullies, bitches, good kids, popular kids, and almost all categories one can think of.
And above is the quote of the book that I really took time to photograph and post in Instagram. It hit what it was supposed to hit.